Sunday, November 24, 2013

Proverbs 3

When you are in the middle of a storm, sometimes it's hard to tell which way is up and which way is down. You see all sorts of people running for cover, panicking and crying over all that has been lost.

"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil." Prov. 3:7

I feel like I have been wise in my own eyes.  

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Prov 3:5

And I also feel like I have been leaning on my own understanding.

Many times I am the one who sees the clouds coming and have been filled with fear and panic.  I have been overtaken by a spirit of control. And I felt a need to fix something.  To find what went wrong and correct it.  Or WHO went wrong.  Oh, it's been an awful year.

This is my day to repent and turn my eyes back up towards God.  I am finished crying over the carnage. I am ready to move on. 

Today Pastor Steve said that if you are a Christian, and the enemy makes a mark (ie abortion, child slavery) and you do not do anything, it makes one wonder what side you are really on.

Well, the enemy has been in our NJ community and I am ready for battle.   We are locusts, consuming all the work of the enemy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment